You are the solution to preventing underage drinking
When it comes to underage drinking, parents are the greatest influence on their kids. The Century Council, a nonprofit organization fighting drunk driving and underage drinking, works to provide parents with the tools and resources they need to help talk to their kids about the dangers of drinking underage. On January 20th between 4-6pm the Progressive Skating and Gymnastics spectacular will air on NBC. Ask, Listen, Learn: Kids and Alcohol Don’t Mix spokesperson and 2012 US Gymnastic Team Captain Aly Raisman -- a Needham, MA native -- will appear in a 60 second PSA on January 20th on NBC (PSA should air between 4:55 and 5:05pm EST). Aly’s parents will also appear in the spot urging parents to talk with their kids about the risks of underage drinking.
We’d love for you to join us in raising awareness about the importance of talking to our kids about the risks of drinking underage and the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. Below are some sample tweets/Facebook posts for you to use and share (or create your own!). We’ll be using the hashtag #talkearly on Twitter.
· Moms, you're the leading influence in your kids' decision not to drink. Start the convo with @asklistenlearn http://bit.ly/W3kLqO #talkearly
· US Gymnast @Aly_Raisman and her parents are taking abt underage drinking w @asklistenlaearn Check out the PSA http://bit.ly/W0FUlJ#talkearly
· (to post on 1/20) Parents: Catch an important message from @asklistenlearn, @aly_raisman & her parents on @NBCNews btween 4:55 &5:05PM EST #talkearly
· I plan on talking to my kids with the help of @asklistenlearn, do you? http://bit.ly/W0FUlJ #talkearly
· 83% of youth cite parents as their leading influence in their decision not to drink alcohol http://bit.ly/W3kLqO @asklistenlearn #talkearly
· Check out @asklistenlearn superstar @Aly_raisman - a great role model in the fight against underage drinking http://bit.ly/QSrEN8 #talkearly