When blended families add another layer to caregiving
Amy Goyer, a caregiving expert at AARP, joined Moira Keller and Deacon Joseph Girard on Huffington Post Live to discuss the challenges blended families face when it comes to caring for elderly parents. Check out the full segment here to learn from Amy, Moira, and Joseph how to deal with caregiving issues like
- How do remarried parents deal with asking for help from stepchildren?
- What should caregivers talk about feelings of resentment or guilt in blended families?
- How do issues unique to blended families impact caregiving and family dynamics? How do they resolve feelings of tension?
- What are the physical and financial implications of dealing with the care of step parents?
- What are the expectations (e.g., inheritance) that might be affected by caregiving and blended families?